[JURIST] Sudanese Guantanamo Bay detainee Ibrahim al-Qosi [DOD materials; JURIST report] said at a pre-trial hearing Thursday that he plans to boycott his upcoming military commission trial, becoming the third Guantanamo Bay [JURIST news archive] detainee to announce boycott plans. Al-Qosi declined the assistance of a lawyer, saying that he did not believe in "the justice or the lawfulness" of the tribunal and said that he is only being accused because he is Sudanese. The trial may continue without al-Qosi's presence, with the judge entering a plea of not guilty for the defendant.
On Wednesday, Saudi Arabian detainee Ahmed Mohammed Ahmed Haza al-Darbi [DOD materials] said during a pre-trial hearing that he plans to boycott [JURIST report] his upcoming military commission trial, also refusing legal representation. Last month, Afghan detainee Mohammed Jawad [DOD materials] asked to boycott his upcoming trial [JURIST report] at his first military commission pretrial hearing. AP has more. The Los Angeles Times has additional coverage.