[JURIST] JURIST and the University of Pittsburgh School of Law are hosting a one-day conference in Pittsburgh on Thursday in celebration of JURIST's 10th anniversary. Law as a Seamless Web|site [conference website] features four panels [agenda] and 14 distinguished speakers [profiles] exploring a range of issues at the intersections of law, war, rights, social justice, technology, legal journalism, legal education and public service.
- Jonathan Freiman - habeas counsel for Jose Padilla and Senior Schell Fellow, Yale Law School;
- Marjorie Cohn - President, National Lawyers Guild and Professor, Thomas Jefferson School of Law;
- David Crane - former Chief Prosecutor for the UN Special Court for Sierra Leone and Professor, Syracuse University College of Law;
- Geoffrey Corn - former Law of War Advisor to the US Army JAG and Professor, South Texas College of Law;
- Sherrilyn Ifill - Professor, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Tony Mauro - Supreme Court correspondent, American Lawyer Media;
- Tim Stanley - CEO, Justia and Co-founder and former CEO, FindLaw;
- Ed Adams - Editor and Publisher, ABA Journal;
- Jim Chen - Dean, Brandeis Law School, University of Louisville;
- Nancy Rapoport - Professor, University of Houston Law Center;
- John Palfrey - Executive Director, Berkman Center for Internet & Society, Harvard Law School; and
- Conrad Johnson - Professor and Co-founder, Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic, Columbia Law School
- Ethan Katsh - Director, Center for Information Technology and Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts Amherst; and
- Charles Bierbauer - former CNN Supreme Court correspondent and Dean, College of Mass Communications and Information Studies at the University of South Carolina
JURIST will run a reduced publishing schedule Thursday, but will resume regular operations Friday.