[JURIST] An Afghan court held a preliminary appeal hearing Monday in the case of three Americans who were convicted for illegally detaining and torturing eight Afghans, including a supreme court judge, in a an illegal prison. The defendants will argue that they were not given the chance to present a proper defense at their September trial. Reuters has more.
Previously on JURIST's Paper Chase...
- BREAKING NEWS ~ Three Americans convicted of torturing Afghan prisoners
- Trial of American vigilantes in Afghanistan postponed
- Trial continues for US vigilantes in Afghanistan
- Americans accused of running illegal prison return to Afghan court
- Americans on trial in Afghanistan for running illegal prison
- Three Americans arrested in Afghanistan for abusing captives